Friday 14 October 2011

Draft 3


FAde In
act one
BEginning of rivalry

Scene One – Ext. Street, morning.
FOX and CHINCHILLA walk together towards a cafe. They passed BEAVER and HARE. [birds chirping as Chinchilla passed by, and Fox smirks right away]
Beaver
Hey there Chinchilla! Lookin’ good today!
Beaver walks away.
Hare
Aww hello both of you! Nice to see you today, especially you Chinchilla! Thanks for the chocolate cake yesterday..
Hare walks away.
Chinchilla
Don’t mention it, Mrs. Hare! As long as your daughter’s happy! [calls back]
FOX
[smirks back at Beaver and Hare] What was that? Didn’t you see that?
Chinchilla
See what? [still looking around]
FOX
They ignored me. [heads tilted to his left side]
Chinchilla
[quickly looks towards Fox] Were they?
FOX
Isn’t that obvious? They like you better, obviously. [rolls eyes]

Chinchilla
What do you mean? [confused face]
FOX
Sheesh. I’m the one they should be greeting… usually. You know, long before you came here, I was the popular one.. [smirking pout, voice fading as they go further]

Fox and Chinchilla walk away.

FADE TO

Fade IN

THE NEW FAVORITE

Scene Two – Ext. Alleyway, night.
Fox trots alone along the alleyway.
FOX
Hmph, I’m better off alone. Nobody will compare me to him. [trots arrogantly]
[Faint gibberish heard from one of the alleys] Fox overheard some female animals talking. Fox’s face turns red as he saw CAT among them.
peacock
[Fade in] Did you see Chinchilla today? [British accent, blinks eyes]
CAT
Ahh yes, ze handsome fellow. [French accent, licks right paw]
PEACOCK
Yes he’s the most handsome fellow there is now, savvy? [giggles, covers lower face with right wing]
CAT
Oui, oui. But what of ze other one, un renard! The fox! [tail wiggles]
Peacock
Ah, I used to fancy him too. But he’s.. what do you say.. outdated now. Chinchilla is way better than him he shares his food, he’s funnier, he’s talented.. [fade out]
Fox walks away grunting.
FOX
What the heck was that? Grrrrr! I WILL regain my fame!
Fox goes away grumpily.

FADE TO
ACT 2

PROPOSITION

Scene Three – Ext. Chinchilla’s den, day.

[Sun shines so bright] Fox knocks on Chinchilla’s door.
FOX
G’day mate! Open up! Chop chop! [knocks on door repeatedly]
CHINCHILLA
[opens door] Hey, what brings you here today?
FOX
Ah, nothing. I’m just bored and I just want to spice up the situation. [sneaky smile]
CHINCHILLA
Oh? And how might that be?
FOX
Let’s have a race for everyone to see! I’m challenging you [points at Chinchilla] to race me [points to himself].
CHINCHILLA
Wow, mm okay.. I guess..
Some ladies from last night in the alley passed the place.
FOX
[glanced at the ladies, increased volume of voice hyperbolically] OH NO YOU MUST! Let’s have a race!
PEACOCK
A race?! Oh, I can’t help but to overheard ehehehe.. You MUST certainly do it, sires!
CAT
Yes, vot a nice izeaaa!
FOX
See?
CHINCHILLA
Well. A race won’t hurt, right? Hahahah [shrugged]
PEACOCK
Ah! Delighted! We will tell EVERYONE!
FOX
Yes, it will most certainly.. NOT. [crosses fingers and smirks].

cut TO

THe trickster

Scene Four – Ext. Race track, night.

Fox sets up a trap on the track. He digs a very deep hole with a shovel and covered them with leaves as camouflage.
FOX
MWAHAHAHAHA [evil laugh]. I am a born genius! [continues to cover the hole]

FADE TO

THE race

Scene Five – Ext. Race track, day.

Fox and chinchilla are behind the starting line with everyone else cheering as a crowd.
FOX
Ah! What a fine day to win!
peacock
Are you sure? I don’t think you can be faster hahahaha.. [flails her fan]
cat
[goes towards Chinchilla and kisses his forehead] A charm from me, Monsieour.
Fox caught a glimpse of the kiss and he gets angry because he fancies the Cat.
FOX
I’ll show YOU who’s the one who deserved the kiss! [speaks to himself]
The race count begins.
CROWD
Three! Two! One! GO!!
Fox and Chinchilla gained speed and ran to the finish line. Blinded by anger, Fox forgot about the trap and since he’s in the lead, he reached there first. Fox stepped on the trap.
FOX
No! [slow motion]
Fox fell down his own trap [loud thump].
crowd
Boo! Boo! Take that!
cat
Ah, what a disgrace..
Cat leaves. Everyone leaves. Fox was left alone.

FADE TO

CONTEMPLATION

Scene Six – Int. Trap hole, night.

Fox contemplates in misery. He looks at the moon.
FOX
[lies down, his tail curled with sadness] Oh, what have I been doing? Now Cat will loathe me even more..
cut TO

ACT 3

THE rescuer

Scene Seven – Int. Trap hole, night.

Fox woke up, feeling something ticklish on his nose.
FOX
[woke up surprised] What is that?!
CHINCHILLA
[voice only] Grab the rope!
FOX
You saved me! You stayed!
CHINCHILLA
[voice only] Come! Hurry!

Fox and chinchilla work together to pull fox up and out of the trap hole.
FADE TO

TRUE FRIENDS

Scene Eight – Trees exterior, day.

Fox finally made it out. Fox felt really sad and embarrassed being saved by his self-appointed “enemy”. But suddenly, he realized something…
FOX
[crying] I’m sorry. Thank you for saving me.. NOT! [attacks Chinchilla and pinned him to the ground]
CHINCHILLA
[gasp] Ahh!
FOX
You just want the attention! Rescuing me, huh? Being the goodie boy, huh?! Way to go!
CHINCHILLA
[gasp] Ahh! [not fighting back]
FOX
Might as well kill you right now! [pulls up right hand and claw]
CHINCHILLA
[not fighting back]
FOX
And why are you not fighting back, huh?! Huh?! [holds up right hand]
CHINCHILLA
It’s just.. me.. believing.. you..
FOX
[loosens grip on Chinchilla]
CHINCHILLA
You are not.. a bad.. person.. Let alone.. a.. killer..
FOX
[slowly loosen his grip and lowers the right hand] What have I done.. [blank stare] I’m a monster..
CHINCHILLA
[still lying down]
FOX
I- I don’t know what to say.. You saved me. But I.. Why am I like this? I’m sorry..
CHINCHILLA
[pats Fox on his back] There’s nothing to be sorry for, my dear Fox. It’s not a bad thing for someone to help his friend. [hugs Fox]
FADE OUT





The End

No comments:

Post a Comment